Community Development Alliance(CDA-Ghana)
CDA-Ghana is a reputable Women and Child-Centered Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) incorporated under the laws of Ghana with registration number CG186562015 and also registered with the Department of Social Welfare in accordance with Ghanaian Law and issued with a certificate of recognition with registration number D.S.W/1690.
Over the past decade of existence,CDA-Ghana has carved out a niche for itself in amplifying citizens voices, convening, coordinating and catalyzing grassroots advocacy actions geared towards influening public policy and service delivery that meets the needs of the poor and most vulnerable sections of the Ghana society.
Despite its location in the Upper West Region, CDA-Ghana has gained national level prominence and visibility on various public policy advocacy dialogues and influencing platforms. CDA-Ghana has collaborated very well with various International and National Ghanaian Civil Society organizations such as CDD-Ghana, STAR-Ghana, UNICEF, Ghana Integrity Initiative, USAID, DFID,CARE International, as well as the African Center for Parliamentary Affairs(ACEPA). These partnerships and Networks provides leverage for greater impact of our interventions.
WE BUILD PEOPLES CAPACITY BASE ON WHAT THEIR ENVIRONMENT OFFERS
CDA-Ghana’s claim of increased legitimacy and credibility is derived from its ability to:
- Influence policy and practice at grassroots (community and district levels).
- Promote social inclusion and women participation in community level development processes through increased understanding and awareness of women’s roles in community development.
- Effectively participate and communicate well with loacl communities and sub national policy makers and stakeholders.
- Consciously work to deepen social accountability and advocacy to ensure good development outcomes in local communities.
- Undertake capacity building activities, through research and advocacy, that provide the tools necessary for ordinarily people to engage policy makers and policy processes at district, regional and national levels.
- Contribute to networking and building coalitions with citizens’s groups at community, district, regional and national levels.
CDA has over the past decade demonstrated its growing credibility and legitimacy by means of its increasing institutional capacity, its on-the ground presence in communities, districts, regions and national level, as well as its deeper understanding and appreciation of policy issues and current development situations in Ghana.
OUR KEY ACHIEVEMENTS
We are impacting lives and influencing change in social norms, policies and programmmes that makes a difference in the lives of poor and vulnerable populations living in communities within our catchment areas mainly in the Northern, Upper West and Upper East Regions of Ghana.
Our programme interventions over the past decade have directly contributed to the following outcomes:
- Stronger & Inclusive Citizen’s Voices for Transparency and Accountability in Public Service Delivery in Northern Ghana.
- Estimated 100,000 people mostly women and children are empowered with information & Knowledge to demand for their rights to access quality basic social services in health, education, sanitation and rural water.
- Improved Rural Sanitation and Hygiene outcomes in 256 communities with a total population of 83000 people who have utilizing improved sanitation facilities and are certified as open defecation free (ODF).
- Improved gender equality norms and the elimination of negative socio-cultural practices that undermines the dignity of girls and young women in the Northern, Upper West and Upper East Regions of Ghana.
- Increased access to HIV Testing Services including comprehensive sexuality education for 15700 adolescents mostly girls and other most at risk populations in the Upper West Region services.
- Supported 103 teen mothers and victims of child marriage to acquire vocational and technical skills that enables them to earn an income and live a life of dignity.
- Increased generation and use of the best available research evidence to influence social policy-making and implementation processes with a view to achieving inclusive and sustainable development outcomes that meets the needs and aspirations of ordinary people in our catchment communities.
Establishing Credibility & Purpose
Community Development Alliance (CDA-Ghana) is a reputable Women and Child-Centered Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) incorporated under the laws of Ghana with registration number CG186562015 and also registered with the Department of Social Welfare in accordance with Ghanaian Law and issued with a certificate of recognition with registration number D.S.W/1690.
Our Strategy entails generating and utilizing the best available research evidence to inform policy-making and implementation of social policy whiles also ensuring transparency, accountability and quality delivery of basic social services(Health, Education, Sanitation, water etc).